Hi! My name is Liu Liu.
I am a Ph.D student in Computer Science at Northwestern University(NU). I received Bachelor of Science degree from University of Arizona, and Master’s from Northwestern University, all in computer science. My research focuses on big temporal data streaming and analysis with no-sql databases.
1. Threading package actually slows down your system because of GIL
2. Multithreading packages make use of processes and can have the expected speed gain
If you want to pass global dictionary, use Manager.dict()
Tried to push a project onto github and faced sooooooo much annoying errors.
1. Use ssh instead of https ssh-keygen -t rsa -C "email@example.com"
2. Press enter all the way until the end.
3. Vi into your public key usually at ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub
4. copy all text from public key and put it into your github account settings–ssh keys.
5. push using ssh you should be all set and you should not see any of the errors again.
I ran into a problem today trying to install python libraries on server which I don’t have admin rights. Not happy but got a solution around. This way its easier to maintain the environment myself. Hopefully someone can make a software that manages software environment in user space on linux.